I've asked many of my current and former colleagues to write recommendations about me and my work. They can all be found on my LinkedIn page, but here are some highlights:
- "Blair is conscientious, responsible and professional. She prioritizes and manages demands from multiple departments with aplomb." - Etienne Lepine, Web Content Producer
- "Blair has helped to define what it means to be a web producer in a television newsroom. A combination of editorial acumen and technical know-how - Blair understands the news and understands the digital platform on which she communicates." - Mark Yoder, former Executive Producer at KUSA-TV
- "Blair is driven, dedicated and very organized. She also shows up for work with a good attitude, lots of energy and a smile." - Kim Holland, former Investigative Reporter at KRQE-TV
- "When I worked at the capitol and was filing multiple stories online a day, Blair was always available to make sure the process was smooth, answer any questions, and make the finished story look fabulous online." - Jenny Hoff, former political reporter at KXAN Austin News
- "I knew that if a big news event was happening that day, Blair would not miss a beat. She always came to the table with ideas on how to best engage and inform our audience." - Brooke Thacker, former reporter at KUSA-TV
- "She's smart as a whip and brings energy and critical thinking to any task. She is always willing to lend a hand where needed." - Raeanne Martinez, Legal editor at Texas Legislative Council
- "She is an innovator, a motivator and a cheerleader. Her enthusiasm for her work creates a positive energy that inspires her coworkers and challenges everyone around her to elevate their game to the next level." - Christy Tetzler, Director/Technical Director at CNN
- "Producing posts for Facebook or original content for the station, she was always on top of her game. She has a no nonsense attitude, sharp attention to detail, will shoot straight from the hip and is always in the thick of the top stories of the day." - Julian Andrews, former Community Relations Director at KXAN Austin News
- "Blair does an amazing job. She is efficient, and she has the ability to quickly shift from writing Facebook posts to creating original web content, to posting breaking news updates. Each requires a different skill set and a different voice, and Blair can make those shifts with ease." - Dr. Max Wachtel, KUSA-TV Psychology Expert
Thank you so much for expressing interest in my work. My skill set is extremely diverse, and my passion for my work is unending. Please peruse my website to learn more about my experience.
Recommendations from colleagues
My original journalistic focus was in sports broadcasting. But after graduating, I broadened my horizons into general-assignment web reporting. I'm still known to yell at a sports team, however.
I can assure you my energy for my job is constant, and my coworkers often refer to me as the trivia queen. I'm full of useless knowledge, but that comes in handy in this crazy industry.
Expert content producer.
Creative video editor.
Social media guru.